Are you a prospective CEF student?
Here’s everything that you’ll need to know to become a member of the CEF!
- Research the field that interests you...
Consult the research areas of the CEF and make direct contact with one of the researchers who works in the field that most interests you. Fields of research in the CEF are grouped along four axes:
Also consult the list of research projects currently available at the CEF.
Get more information from the researcher whom you have identified to learn more about financial aid (scholarships, bursaries, research stipends).
If you are a foreign national, you will have to follow the entry requirements of the university to which you will be attached.
- Services offered by the research professionals of the CEF...
The CEF employs about a dozen research professions whose primary task is to aid you in your research. If you have a problem in statistics, with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or with a database, if you have soil samples to analyse, an article or text (grant proposal, official correspondence...) that needs revision, whether in French or English, view the specialities of each professional on the Services page of the CEF and don’t hesitate to contact them..
The professionals maintain a Reference section that can keep you informed regarding the best resources available for your research.
They also give courses aimed at making you a better researcher
- Are you a foreign national? Follow the steps connected to your host university.
- Are you a Canadian? Follow these steps instead.
It will be a pleasure to meet you!
- CEF is the largest organisation of its kind in the world...
- To keep yourself informed...
While doing scientific research, it is also important to take part in events, seminars, conferences, meetings, exchanges...
- L'Agenda du CEF provides you with a whole list of seminars and activities that are relevant to the directions of the CEF,
- What’s new? Will inform you about topics related to the CEF and elsewhere,
- En manchette will keep you informed through reports on conferences and popular science articles,
- Dans les médias will try to inventory all that has been said about the forest in the Quebec media,
- L'Infolettre du CEF will concentrate all of this information into an e-mail that is sent out every Friday evening. Please subscribe!
To announce an event, post news or an article, write to Natacha Fontaine or Mélanie Desrochers.