My research interest is to analyse forest diversity using multi-source, multi-temporal remote sensing data . My main research focuses on dense time series analysis of phenology, invasive plant species identification, mapping and biodiversity assessment of moist deciduous forests in the Western Himalaya, India. Current research focuses on for the spatial characterization of tree growth by the integration of spatially-continuous variables and to describe the spatial pattern of tree phenology and radial growth across the boreal forest.
- Dec 2018- ongoing: Postdoctoral Fellow in Department of Fundamental Sciences, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi (UQAC), Canada (http://www.uqac.ca/portfolio/sergiorossi/people/ )
- Mar 2017-Nov 2018: Assistant Professor in GIS division (NIIT University, India )
- Jul 2012-Oct 2012: Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering (Marwadi University, India )
Foreign Research Visits
- Oct 2019- Nov 2019: Visiting Postdoc in Department of Agricultural Sciences at University of Naples Federico II, Italy (Upcoming visit)
- Sep 2015- Nov 2015: Visiting Research Scholar in Department of Remote Sensing at University of Wuerzburg, Germany (http://remote-sensing.eu/753/ )
- May 2016- Jun 2016: DAAD ILUS Summer School 2016 Participant in Institute of Silviculture/Chair of Silviculture at University of Freiburg, Germany
- June 2016- Jul 2016: Visiting Research Scholar in Department of Remote Sensing at University of Wuerzburg, Germany
- Jan 2013- May 2017: PhD in Geomatics Engineering (IIT Roorkee, India )
- July 2010- June 2012: M.Tech in Geomatics Engineering (IIT Roorkee, India )
- Jul 2005 – Jun 2009: Bachelors of Engineering (B.E.) from SVITS Indore, India
- Khare, S., Latifi, H., & Rossi, S., 2019. Forest beta-diversity analysis by remote sensing: How scale and sensors affect the Rao’s Q index. Ecological Indicators, 106, pp.105520.
- Khare, S., Latifi, H., Rossi, S. and Ghosh, S.K., 2019. Fractional Cover Mapping of Invasive Plant Species by Combining Very High-Resolution Stereo and Multi-Sensor Multispectral Imageries. Forests, 10(7), pp.540.
- Khare, S., Latifi, H. and Ghosh, S.K., 2018. Multi-scale assessment of invasive plant species diversity using Pléiades 1A, RapidEye and Landsat-8 data. Geocarto international, 33(7), pp.681-698.
- Khare, S., Latifi, H. and Ghosh, S.K., 2018. Full satellite remote sensing based approach to assess the plant and tree species diversity using high and very spatial resolution multi-spectral data. EGU General Assembly 2018(Vienna | Austria | 8–13 April 2018).
- Khare, S., Ghosh, S.K., Latifi, H., Vijay, S. and Dahms, T., 2017. Seasonal-based analysis of vegetation response to environmental variables in the mountainous forests of Western Himalaya using Landsat 8 data. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 38(15), pp.4418-4442.
- Khare, S., Latifi, H. and Ghosh, S. K., 2016. “Phenology Analysis of Forest Vegetation to Environmental Variables during-and Post-Monsoon Seasons in Western Himalayan Region of India”. ISPRS-International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, pp.15-19.
- Khare, S. and Ghosh, S.K., 2016. “Satellite Remote Sensing Technologies for Biodiversity Monitoring and Its Conservation”, International Journal of Advanced Earth Science and Engineering, 5(1), pp.375-389.
- Zhang, S., Buttò, V., Khare, S., Deslauriers, A., Morin, H., Huang, J.-G., Ren, H., Rossi, S., 2019. Calibrating phenocam data with phenological observations in black spruce. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. (Under Review)
- Khare, S., and Rossi, S., 2019. Phenology analysis of moist deciduous forest using time series Landsat-8 remote sensing data. IEEE International workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry, Naples, Italy, October 24 - 26, 2019. (Accepted)
- Rossi, S., Zhang, S., Deslauriers, A., Butto, V., Morin, H., Huang, J.-G., Ren, H., and Khare, S., 2019. Linking phenocam derived phenology with field observations in the boreal forest. IEEE International workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry, Naples, Italy, October 24 - 26, 2019. (Accepted)
- Fakhri, S. A., Sayadi, S., Latifi, H., Khare, S., 2019. An optimized Enhanced Vegetation Index for Sparse Tree Cover Mapping across a Mountainous Region. IEEE International workshop on Metrology for Agriculture and Forestry, Naples, Italy, October 24 - 26, 2019. (Accepted)